The HWES PTA is a group of parent volunteers dedicated to collaborating with teachers and community to enhance the educational experience for all children at HWES. We are focused on developing programs and activities that support our children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement. Our Executive Board and Committee Chairs put in countless hours to assist the administration in making our school environment one of the best in FCPS. To read the PTA By-laws, click here.
Become a member. Your membership contribution covers field trips, classroom extras, extracurricular and community outreach activities, art and science programs and more. Visit our Membership page for more details.
- Sign up for the eNews. Once a week you’ll receive information about what’s happening at the school. HWPTA rarely sends printed materials. The eNews is the way to stay in the loop http://www.hwpta.org/enews.htm
- Volunteer. All PTA programs are coordinated by volunteers. Whether you can offer an occasional hour, or become an executive board member, your time contribution makes a difference. There are many ways you can help, so check the volunteer options frequently.
- Join us on Facebook. We’d like to increase our FB presence this year. Stop by, “like us” and provide feedback on our FB page.
- Directory. Every year the HWPTA compiles a school directory. This year the directory will be done entirely online and ready earlier than ever before.
- PTA Meetings. Come find out about events happening in our school, PTA initiatives, and volunteer opportunities.
- School Apparel. Our Spirit wear volunteers have set up an online store where a variety of HWES clothing is available. www.hwpta.org/apparel.html